Suarez International, quick to recognize the market opening for “firearms”, has announced a new “firearm”, the Remington 870 Stakeout 12 Guage. The new shotshell shooting “firearm” features a 14″ barrel and a club-style grip bringing the overall length below the statutory definition of a “shotgun”, making it an unregulated “firearm” in the eyes of the law. Unfortunately, making it a firearm does not make it entirely useful.
Principal improvements over the base 870 include a fully ported and polished barrel to reduce recoil and add “…predictability of pattern.” Further, the action are “tuned, polished, and coated in Aqua Terra Plus Teflon Nickel finish” (similar to the well-known NP3 coatings). Further, the loading port and ejection port have been opened up and polished for ease of operation and reloading.
Base capacity of the Pistol Grip Only firearm is 4+1, though there is the option for a 5+1 capacity using a plus-one extension. Shells are loaded into the receiver from an extra-power stainless steel spring and pushed by a high-visibility non-binding follower.
For operation, the firearm includes a fiber optic front sight (for one to easily see what they are missing), and a Suarez Safety “installed to improve engagement from Safe to Fire positions.
Retail pricing starts at $829.99. Those interested can check out more details over at Suarez International’s website.
Stakeout Details (Courtesy of Suarez):
- Remington 870 Barrel 14″ – Ported and polished for recoil reduction and predictability of pattern
- Bolt and Action Bar components tuned, polished, and coated in Aqua Terra Plus Teflon Nickel (like NP3) finish
- Trigger group tuned for a crisp break, new springs added
- Receiver loading port and ejection ports are de-horned, opened and polished for better ergonomics
- Steel Extractor installed for increased reliability
- Textured Forend is standard – Optional Textured Magpul Forend and Optional “Stakeout Strap”.
- Textured Shockwave PGO Non-NFA Pistol Grip
- Suarez Safety installed to improve engagement from Safe to Fire positions
- Optional Plus One Magazine Extension installed for a 5+1 Capacity (4+1 is standard)
- High-Visibility, Non-Binding Follower
- Extra-Power Heavy-Duty Stainless Magazine Tube Spring
- Fiber Optic front sight in Green
- Grey rust resistant finish for lubricity and durability under all conditions
- Rigid Magazine Tube Sling Mount