The Museum of the Great Patriotic War in Moscow contains a large amount of information, vehicles and firearms from the time around 1941-1945.
It opened to the public in 1995 and is a museum and memorial for the World War II, in Russia known as “The Great Patriotic War”.
Overview of the museum.
The museum is about 20 000 square meters.
This thing below is huge! TMK-3-12, 305 mm. Used against Finland at the Mannerheim line.
According to WikiPedia:
Three railway guns were built, using guns from the sunken battleship Imperatritsa Mariya, which had been lost to a magazine explosion in Sevastopol harbor in October 1916. They were used in the Soviet-Finnish war in 1939-1940. In June–December 1941 they took part in the defense of the Soviet naval base on Finland’s Hanko peninsula. They were disabled by Soviet seamen when the base was evacuated, and were later restored by Finnish specialists using guns from the withdrawn Russian battleship Imperator Aleksandr III. After the war these were handed over to the Soviet Union, which maintained in operational condition until 1991. Withdrawn from service in 1999, they were the last battleship-caliber Obukhov pieces still operational in the world.
Krasnovostochnik from 1917, an armed locomotive.
Berlin Reichstag in scale 1:1
Various German helmets and firearms.
Panzerfaust and jacket from Hitlerjugend.
7,62 mm Sudayev PPS from 1943.
Firearms used in Stalingrad. Shpagin-rifle, Mosin sniper and Simonov 14,5 mm anti-tank rifle.
Maxim from the Battle of Stalingrad.
“Surrender yourself!” – flag from Stalingrad, january 1943.
The Hall of Glory, a white marble room with names of over 11 800 recipients of the “Hero of the Soviet Union”.
The large bronze sculpture is called the “Soldier of Victory” stands in the center of this hall.
Many thanks to “M.F” for sharing the pictures.
You can find the museum’s homepage here.