Adding to my growing list of “companies I wish I had the time to visit at SHOT 2017”, 2A Armament is a maker of ultralight AR parts that are both stylish and functional. Sporting a redesigned grip on the flared magazine well and integrated QD sling attachment points, the new Atheon receivers will mate up perfectly with the current Balios series of rails and receivers.
In addition, 2A just released a matching redesigned series of Atheos M-LOK rails that ship with a titanium barrel nut.
2A – I’ll see you at next year’s show.
2A-Armament is proud to introduce the Aethon billet upper and lower receiver for 2017. With all the same craftsmanship and weight savings that are trademark 2A-Armament qualities the Aethon receiver set offers a different feature set than our flagship Balios Lite Gen 2 receivers. The Aethon lower incorporates a refreshed design on the mag well, a ergonomically designed ridged tactile grip, and integrated QD’s into the receiver which provide good balance for a single point sling without having to “wrap one way or another” around the receiver extension. Standard items for 2A Armament receivers are also included: a flared mag well, threaded bolt catch pin, set screw captive detent springs and a rear tensioning screw which guarantees a tight fit if running a third party upper. Best of all, the Aethon and Balios Lite receiver sets are designed to aesthetically match each other perfectly to allow our customers to pick and choose the features they desire.
- CNC Machined from U.S.A. sourced 7075-T6 plate aluminum
- Integrated QD mounts on side
- Bolt release features screw in pin (Included)
- Integrated and lightened trigger guard
- Standard trigger pin sizing (.156)
- Bead blasted and hard coat anodized black (Type III, Class2)
- Can be interchanged with third party, Balios Lite, or Balios Lite Gen 2 uppers
- Weight: ( Lower 6.8 oz ) Stripped
- Product of the Great State of Idaho, MADE IN THE U.S.A.
- SKU (2A-MCBL-3)
The 2A Armament™ Aethon Rail M-LOK series provides an alternative aesthetically progressive design that is lightweight with our signature titanium barrel nut and attach method. The innovative attachment of the rail and the barrel nut provides a solid lockup, seamless, strong joint that requires no timed alignment to the barrel nut itself. All 2A Armament rails (and receivers for that matter) are designed with a pocketed picatinny rail to further minimize weight. With new styling and attention to detail the picatinny pockets taper at the end of both the upper receiver and the rail so that one can match the 2A rail to a third party upper if desired and still have a clean transition in the design. In addition, Aethon rails offer QD mounting at both ends of the handguard.
The 2A Armament Aethon and Balios Lite rails ship with a 6AL-4V titanium barrel nut. An optional aluminum barrel nut is offered as a separate item for those looking to save maximum weight on a build.
- Made from U.S.A. sourced 6061 Extrusion
- U.S.A. sourced 6AL-4V Titanium barrel nut as standard
- M-LOK mounting solution
- Mil-Spec hardcoat black anodized (Type III, Class 2)
- Free floating design
- QD mounts on both ends
- 1.3” Internal Diameter
- 7” Rail with Titanium nut and hardware (weight tbd oz)(2A-AERML-7)
- 10” Rail with Titanium nut and hardware (weight 7.7oz)(2A-AERML-10)
- 12” Rail with Titanium nut and hardware (weight 8.9 oz)(2A-AERML-12)
- 15” Rail with Titanium nut and hardware (weight 10.7oz)(2A-AERML-15)
- 1-5/16” crows foot tool or premium armorers wrench recommended for installation (Not Included)
MSRP: Starting at $179
This billet Aluminum buffer tube is manufactured to same high 2A Armament standards and finished with hard anodize for lasting performance.
- 8 position adjustment with machined indicators visible through any stock with a viewing port located at the stock latch pin. At the extended positions, increment adjustments have a finer spaced length of pull.
- Extended carrier support flange that supports the carrier for better anti-tilt performance.
- The buffer tube is self aligning with the buffer detent.
- Weight 3.65 oz
- Note: This item ships as the buffer tube only. A buffer tube assembly with latch plate and castle nut will be available in February.