Call me a bit jaded, but after spending the last several years making a living both writing about firearms and working in the industry, sometimes it can be hard to get excited about something. That is not the case at all with the new MasterPiece Arms BA Compact Suppressor Ready Rifle. Naming the rifle BA is one of the most appropriate monikers that could have been assigned to the ultra cool bolt gun.
After posting about why I feel machine guns are over rated, then calling a bolt gun ultra cool, I imagine some of you are calling for my termination. Hold up there Charlie; you haven’t seen the good part.
I had to screen shot their website to get the photos below (take a hint manufacturers, include some photos in the press release) to get a closer look at the rifle. Before I saw what secret the stock held, I felt it to be a dumb design; at least until I saw a suppressor was stowed inside.
The MSRP is a bit stiff at $2999, but with a 1/2 MOA guarantee, it isn’t too far off from other rifles in that class. The specs look to be rather impressive and has left me wanting some trigger time behind one. The only thing I was left wondering was, do they include the suppressor? If so, the MSRP isn’t too bad at all. I have a feeling that the customer will need to supply their own, though.
MPA BA CSR Rifle Specifications:
- Caliber: .308 Winchester, 6.5 Creedmoor
- Custom Throated for Caliber Specific Match Grade Ammo.
- Action: Kelbly’s Atlas Tactical
- Barrel: 416RQ Stainless Steel Spencer/MPA Hand Lapped Barrel – 16″ or 20″
- Barrel Twist: 1:10 (308) 1:8 (6.5 Creedmoor)
- Barrel Length: 16″ or 20″
- Barrel Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24 TPI
- Barrel Profile: #5
- Length of Pull: 13.75 – 15″
- Action/Bolt Design: Remington 700 Type
- Chassis: MPA BA Lite Chassis with CSR Buttstock
- Trigger Tech Trigger (1-3 lbs. trigger pull, Customer Specified)
- Magazine: AICS (5 Round Accurate/AICS Type Magazine Included)
- Built-in Bubble Level
- Thumb Notch
- Spigot Mount Ready
- Chassis Weight: 3.6 lbs.
- Rifle Weight: 8.6 lbs.
Click HERE to check out more information about the MasterPiece Arms BA Suppressor Ready Rifle.