For those looking to carry a D60 magazine pouch on their web gear, options have typically been limited. One can go over-sized and opt for a SAW Magazine pouch or try and fit it into a number of “general purpose” pouches which typically have a zipper top. Neither was ideal.
Magpul has stepped up and released a compatible pouch designed just for the D60 magazine. The magazine is stored drum to the sky, which is convenient for reloading under duress. Closure is via a ITW Nexus GT GhillieTex SurMount buckle. (With a name that long, one can only hope its strong). Mounting is via a MALICE Clip for easy attachment to any MOLLE platform or most belts and the pouch comes complete with the usual tactical features including drainage grommet and collapsible construction.
Unfortunately, there is currently no color options. The pouch is currently only listed in coyote, but one can reasonable expect a variety of colors as time goes one.
MagPul currently has the pouch listed on their website with a “Spring 2016” shipping date. Its likely this is a typo, as we are well past the date.
FEATURES (Courtesy of Magpul)
- Water-resistant 500 denier CORDURA® nylon fabric
- Fully padded construction
- Collapsible to minimize bulk when empty
- ITW Nexus GT Ghillietex™ SurMount buckle
- Dummy cord loop to attach to drum’s Dust Cover for rapid deployment (paracord not included)
- Reinforced polymer fabric PALS compatible panel
- Two MALICE CLIPS® included
- Drainage grommet for elimination of debris