Trijicon announced a new reflex style sight designed specifically for military use on machine guns. The company states the new MGRS (Machine Gun Reflex Sight) is engineered for the pounding any optic will take when mounted to a rifle caliber, full auto weapon.
Here’s a quick look at some of the features and specs on the new sight:
- made of forged 7075-T6 aluminum; weighs just under 67 ounces
- comes with two different ranging knobs: one for the M2 (.50 BMG and not this one) and the other for the M240 (7.62); M2 ranges from 300 – 2000 meters; M240 ranges from 100 – 1200 meters
- multiple night and day settings including a “super bright” daytime setting; powered by a single CR123A battery that is in an easily accessible compartment
- 100 MOA total adjustment range
- compatible with 3x magnifiers
- waterproof to 2 meters
- mounts directly to a Picatinny rail
- comes with three detachable Picatinny rails for the addition of lasers, etc.
- operating temperature from -50˚ F – 140˚ F
- chemical and corrosion resistant; backed by a five year warranty
The MGRS uses a segmented circle reticle. The center dot is 3 MOA while the larger circle is 35 MOA.
The new MGRS should start selling in the spring of 2017 and will come with a MOLLE pouch. No word from the company yet on any plans to sell this to the civilian market.