This past week Remington held it’s annual Writers New Product Seminar in west Virginia. Remington always does a good job of presenting it’s new guns and products for the coming year then taking us to the large BSA facility and ranges to get some trigger time in with these new offerings. Most will be announced in the coming months. Don’t ask I’m not saying a word until it’s time!
There were new offerings I can talk about and the R1 Hunter 10mm is one of them. Released at the end of last month the R1 Hunter is an extended slide 6 inch match barrel model in 10mm meant to be used primarily as a hunting pistol. I can also see it being put to use as a home protection pistol.The R1 is the top of the line in Remington’s 1911 lineup with an MSRP of just over $1300.00 but with a street price closer to the $980–$1050 range. The features of the 10mm are listed below.
I fired the R1 Hunter a good deal using Remington 180 grain FMJ at 1150 fps. All total I fired 200 rounds on paper and steel dueling tree targets. The six inch barrel made it faster to recover for a followup shot. The recoil was also noticeably softer than my old five inch barrel Colt Delta Elite. Accuracy checking was limited since we had several others on the line shooting. The accuracy was good with no problem with the dueling tree at about 20 yards. The trigger was very good and on a par with my standard size daily carry R1 in 45 acp.
This offering from Remington should do very well as we all know there are a good number of shooters wanting to see more choices in 10mm guns. This pistol should satisfy the handgun hunters out there firing a very potent round.
- 6” Stainless Match-Grade Barrel – for superior 10mm accuracy and range
- Picatinny accessory rail – for light/laser attachments
- Wide rear and front cocking serrations – for positive grip regardless of field conditions
- LPA fully adjustable match sights – for accuracy and precision
- Extended beavertail grip safety w/checkered bump – for control and a sure grip
- Ambidextrous safety levers
- Skeletonized adjustable trigger – for a clean, crisp break
- Tough PVD DLC finish – for durability in all conditions
- VZTM Operator II G10 grips – for non-slip shooting in any condition
- Stainless steel frame and slide
- Two flush, 8-Rd stainless steel magazines
The R1 10mm Hunter LS (Long Slide) is a handgun built with the hunter in mind. From the extremely accurate 6” match-grade barrel, to the match quality fully-adjustable sights and VZ Operator II G10 grips, this pistol will get the job done at distance. The 10mm Hunter has the knockdown power and accuracy to be the perfect choice for serious handgun hunters