Announced with little fanfare at the NRA Annual Exposition 2016, Magpul has announced that that Hunter X-22 stock is now shipping to dealers and available for direct retail order. The new stock adapts Magpul’s Hunter stock geometry for the Ruger 10/22 take-down to create an utterly fantastic system.
I have only recently gone hands-on with the 10/22 Hunter stock and found it to be a significant improvement over the various far that Ruger ships standard. The two biggest improvements for the system is the grip, which is a great go-between from standard rifle to full pistol grip and the adjustable LOP and comb. The M-LOK compatible slots up front is just a bonus.
Like all other Hunter stocks, the X-22 is compatible with the SGA stock spacers and various cheek rests including standard, low, and high offerings. Magpul then adds a few features specific to the takedown model including reversible trays for various barrel contours and the aesthetic matching between the main stock and forearm component. Magpul states the X-22 will fit any 10/22 Takedown without gunsmithing.
Retaiil for the stock is set at $149.95, with black currently available. Additional colors will be shipping soon including Flat Dark Earth, Stealth Grey, and Olive Drab Green.
FEATURES (Courtesy of Magpul)
- Drop-in design compatible with all factory Ruger 10/22 Takedown .22 LR receivers
- Reinforced polymer construction for strength and durability
- 60 degree grip angle from bore axis
- Adjustable LOP from 12.5”-14.5” with 0.50” Spacers
- Non-slip rubber butt-pad
- Optional Cheek Riser Kits to raise cheek height 0.25”, 0.50”, or 0.75”
- Reversible barrel tray accepts all factory barrels as well as aftermarket up to 0.920”
- Adjustable barrel tensioning shim in forend for setting barrel preload (barrel may also be free-floated)
- Compatible with all capacities of factory Ruger 10/22 magazines
- M-LOK slots on forend sides and bottom for a wide variety of accessory and sling mounting options
- Two dimpled drill points to install optional standard swivel studs (#10-32 x 3/8” long dome stud)
- Push-button QD swivel compatibility in rear with optional Sling Mount Kits
- Left and Right rear 1-1/4” Footman’s Loops