Magpul, deciding to innovate again, has announced the Hunter 700L Stock is now shipping. The new offering brings many of the features of the fantastic Hunter 700 stock for those wishing to shoot long and magnum cartridges.
The new stock uses an anodized aluminum bedding block to handle the recoil. Magpul states the stock is “… a true ‘drop-in’ solution for the end user.” The well-established SGA-type spaces and cheek risers are used for length of pull and comb adjustment. LOP spacers are available in .50″ increments and the cheek risers come in .00, .25 (included with stock), .50″ and .75″ versions.
Probably the most important part of the system is its compatibility with various existing accessories. The front of the stock uses M-LOK slots and the Bolt Action Magazine Well 700L is compatible with existing metal AICS magazines and Magpuls new polymer PMAG AC-L “Standard” and “Magnum” magazines (which are a screaming deal at $39.95 compared to the various AICS magazines).
The Hunter 700L is currently shipping in black, with Flat Dark Earth, Olive Drab Green, and Stealth Grey as future options. The base 700L stock retails for $279, with the various detachable magazine adapters clocking in at $79. Street prices will likely be less.
Features (Courtesy of Magpul):
- Compatible with standard Remington 700 pattern long action rifles with stock Remington hinged floorplates*
- Easily upgradeable to removable AICS-spec long action magazines (.30-06 or .300WM pattern) with the affordable Magpul Bolt Action Magazine Well 700L
- Reinforced polymer shell with Type III hard anodized, machine finished, A380 cast aluminum V-bedding block
- Accepts ALL factory Remington barrels including aftermarket profiles up to a Medium Palma (0.920″ dia. 5.50″ forward of the breech)
- Tapered Beam design provides good rigidity through forend and will free-float compatible barrels
- 60 degree grip angle from bore axis
- Adjustable LOP from 13.0”-15.0” with included 0.50” Spacers
- Rubber recoil butt-pad included and optional OEM Butt-Pad Adapter available for use with aftermarket pads
- Optional 0.00″, 0.50″, and 0.75″ Cheek Risers available to adjust cheek weld (Stock comes pre-fitted with 0.25″ Riser)
- Accepts factory and most aftermarket triggers
- M-LOK slots on forend sides and bottom for a wide variety of accessory and sling mounting options
- Three dimpled drill points to install optional standard swivel studs (#10-32 x 3/8” long dome stud)
- Push-button QD swivel compatibility in rear with optional Sling Mount Kits
- Left and Right rear 1-1/4” Footman’s Loops
*NOTE: Fits right-hand recievers only.
All blind floorplate ADL models will require current factory Remington hinged bottom metal or the optional Magpul Bolt Action Magazine Well 700L Standard or Magnum.
Since factory action mounting screws can come in a variety of lengths, grinding to length or utilizing longer replacements may be necessary to optimize fit with the Hunter 700L.