Called the Ultralight because of its aluminum frame, the gun weighs in at less than 29 ounces unloaded which isn’t bad at all – especially for a 1911 style handgun. These guns come with a 4.25″ match barrel with a flush cut, reverse crown.
Two calibers are offered: .45 ACP and 9mm. Features on these guns include:
- rounded butt
- checkered front strap, slide top serrations and serrations on the rear of the slide
- Bullet Proof grip safety, thumb safety and magazine release button
- front fiber optic sight, Battlesight rear
- 3.5 – 4.5 pound trigger pull
- G10 starburst grips with pewter Wilson Combat medallions
- countersunk slide stop
- an accuracy guarantee of 1.5″ at 25 yards with good ammo
Pricing on these pistols is not for the faint of heart, however. The .45 ACP version has a base price of $3,825 while the 9mm starts at $3,935. Getting matching leather will not be inexpensive either unless you plan on running a $4k gun in something from Uncle Mikes or a random kitchen Kydex holster maker. Mitch Rosen would seem to be a better fit. Of course, Wilson Combat also offers its own leather carry rigs on the site.