Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy the “range bags” that are just now a dime a dozen. The single-strap “standard pattern” (my label, not industry’s) has performed and will continue to perform well. Unfortunately, when loaded down for the range, it becomes a real bear to lug around. The single strap just does not distribute weight well when loaded for a 3-gun match with 100+ shells, 200+ rounds of 9mm, extra pouches, tools, food, etc, etc.
Looking to offer a solution to the weight issue is Allen Company, a Colorado-based manufacturer of “value and quality” goods for the shooting industry (they black-label manufacture soft goods for companies such as Ruger). Allen Company has announced the release of their “Eliminator Shooter’s Backpack” which is purpose-designed for range-goers.
As one would expect for a range-oriented bag, the Eliminator is replete with pockets, storage, and organization inserts:
- · 2 Main Compartments to Isolate Ammo and Heavy Items from Lighter Fragile Items
- · Padded Soft-Pockets for Electronics like Tablets, Smart Devices, Wind Meters, etc.
- · Tethering Clasps for Safely Securing Eye/ Ear Protection Away from Bulky Items
- · Stand-up Design with Molded Bottom to Protect Gear from Wet/ Icy Weather
- · Multitude of Storage Compartments in Custom Sizes and Purpose-Driven Locations
The Eliminator is formally rated as a 47L, or 2300 cubic inch capacity bag. Dimensions are 14″ x 22″ x 10″. Retail price is set at $105. The bag is available only as a single color which is a combination of grey, black, and bright orange.