HM Defense & Technology manufactures AR-15 barrels that have an integrated gas block rather than a separate block that mounts onto the barrel. Now the company is shipping complete AR-15 rifles that use these barrels.
According to the company, the Monobloc barrel offers advantages over the traditional gas block system. These benefits include:
- no gas hole alignment issues – a potential failure point
- no issues with different heat expansion rates that can affect gas hole alignment and gas block rupturing
- no problems with increased back pressure from suppressed weapons
The new Monobloc rifles are AR pattern guns designated HM15-MB-556. The guns use machined lowers and a 16″ Monobloc barrel. Additional specs on the guns include:
- type III hardcoat anodizing
- 12″ HM Defense hand guard with a Picatiny rail on top and M-LOK on the sides
- quick change gas tube system
- machined V1-556 flash hider
- Magpul MOE pistol grip, adjustable length stock and 30-round magazine
- HM Defense end plate with DQ attachment
The guns do not ship with sights. However, the Picatinny rail allows for the addition of a wide range of iron and glass sighting options.
The suggested retail price of the new rifle is $1,495. The rifles come with a five year warranty and a t-shirt with the company’s logo.