Born on the slopes of Western Colorado, a place my father affectionately refers to as ‘The Center of the Universe’, the kit bags from Hill People Gear are the most useful and comfortable chest packs on the market. Available in multiple sizes and attachment options, each Kit Bag is 100% made in the U.S.A and are designed by professional outdoorsmen. Each Kit Bag holds an impressive amount of gear for their size and makes the perfect companion to a full-size backcountry pack.
Each Kit Bag sports two compartments: one specifically designed to carry a compact handgun and a separate one for small items that need to be easily accessible.
From Hill People Gear’s Website:
At Hill People Gear, our focus is timeless designs that solve unsolved problems using the best advantages of modern materials. We think in terms of what will work for someone living close to the land day in and day out over a period of time. Some of our products will appeal to hunters, some of them will appeal to soldiers, and some of them will appeal to folks who are looking for simple, functional, and reliable gear. Most of all, we’d like to think that our gear would be the first choice of our “Hill People” forebearers if they were around today.
When I’m not using it on hikes, kayaking or other outings, I keep my Kit Bag fully loaded as a mini Bug-Out-Bag in case of emergencies. Here’s my equipment list:
- Glock 19 (suppressor mostly optional).
- Raven Concealment Vanguard minimalist holster and lanyard.
- Spot personal GPS tracker.
- Adventure Medical Kits – Quik Clot.
- Israeli bandage.
- Oral IV.
- Bandaids, Neosporin, Advil, Aspirin and sunscreen.
- Clif Bars.
- SpyderCo Rescue Knife.
Hill People Gear Kit Bags
MSRP: $85 – $115
The original Kit Bag includes the following features:
- 500d construction
- quick access concealed pistol compartment
- comfortable mesh backed H-harness allows you to wear the Kit Bag by itself or underneath of a pack
- elastic keepers for the H-harness straps
- Velcro loop and dummy cord loop in pistol compartment allow for various retention options
- tabs with grimlocs at the top for hanging on another pack, or for use with Lifter Straps (included) for docking to a host pack
- tabs on the bottom for attaching to another pack, or for use with the Stabilizer Kit (optional) for running with
- Front zippered access flat pocket with two interior slot pockets with dummy cord loops above them
- large 1″ deep main compartment with dual interior slot pockets with dummy cord loops above them