Even though I’m not a competitive shooter, I can appreciate quality competition gear. Especially when it can be repurposed into daily carry use. The Taran Tactical Innovations (TTI) magazine baseplates are a good example of how competitions like 3-Gun matches continue to influence defensive gun technology.
I’ve used my TTI Firepower Glock magazine baseplates for more than three years on the G26, G19 and the G17 without a malfunction. If I had to estimate, I’d say I have approximately 1,000 rounds through each of the five magazine/TTI baseplate combinations. And while they display the appropriate amount of scars, all of them still function like new. Which is a credit to both TTI and Glock.
The standard size +3/4 TTI Glock baseplate adds an additional three or four rounds in either the .40S&W or 9mm magazines respectively. The larger +5/6 TTI Firepower Glock baseplates add five or six rounds respectively. When the baseplates and included springs were new, getting the last round loaded was nearly impossible. However, after a few cycles, each one filled to capacity.
Surprisingly, my TTI baseplates feel most at home on my compact Glock 26. The extra length helps with my hand positioning and increasing the magazine capacity doesn’t hurt.
The TTI plates are heavier than the other options on the market, but I actually enjoy the added weight. Especially on the G17, the billet aluminum baseplate helps the mag drop free on reloads. The only real downside I can find is the price. Then again, I never mind paying for quality.
TTI also makes baseplates for other platforms like the Glock 43 and the Magpul AR PMAGs:
I’m not suggesting that every magazine you own should run a TTI baseplate, but they will continue to live on all of my carry guns.
MSRP: $30 – $42
Specifications as listed the TTI website:
- Patented proven push pin design.
- Super easy to attach and detach from the magazine.
- No specialty tools or devices required to disassemble.
- One piece design, no extra parts to possibly lose during disassembly.
- Fits the USPSA, IPSC, and IDPA boxes.
- USPSA Production and IDPA Legal.
- +3/4 Holds 18+1 rounds of 40S&W in the Glock 22/35.
+3/4 Holds 21+1 rounds of 9mm in the Glock 17/34.
+3/4 Holds 18+1 rounds of 9mm in the Glock 19.
- +5/6 Holds 20+1 rounds of 40S&W.
+5/6 Holds 23+1 rounds of 9mm.
- Easy to reload into the gun with a full mag.
- Adds weight to magazine so mags drop free easier for faster reloads.
- CNC machined from billet aluminum.
- Hard Anodized.
- Made in the USA.
- Used and endorsed by World and National Champions Bob Vogel, the Glock Shooting Team, Randi Rogers, and Allie Barrett.