For 2016, ProMag Industries announced a number of new firearms magazines. The vast majority of the new models are designed for pistols, but there is also a single new rifle magazine. Here is a quick look of what will be available.
ProMag is known for making a broad range of aftermarket magazines for handguns. With the new additions, the company has significantly expanded its product offerings.
For the Ruger line of guns, ProMag added:
- SR9 – 10, 15 and 32 round magazines; made of blued steel (similar to the 32 round mag for the M&P)
- SR40 – 10, 15 and 25 round magazines; also made of blued steel
Smith & Wesson’s M&P line of handguns (especially the Shield) have been popular with a lot of shooters. ProMag is now offering aftermarket magazines for the following S&W pistols:
- M&P9 Compact – 10 and 12 round magazines; made of blued steel
- M&P40 Compact – 10 round magazines; made of blued steel
- M&P9 Shield – 7, 8 and 10 round magazines; made of blued steel
- M&P40 Shield – 6, 7 and 9 round magainzes; made of blued steel
Consumers now have more Springfield Armory magazine options from ProMag. The new 2016 offerings include:
- XD9 – 16 round magazine; made of blued steel
- XD40 – 10, 15, 16 and 25 round magazines; made of blued steel
- XD-s 9mm – 7 round magazine; made of blued steel
Rounding out the new pistol magazines are these from Taurus:
- Taurus 709 SLIM – 7, 8 and 10 round magazines; made of blued steel
ProMag only announced one new rifle magazine for 2016: a 30 round mag for the DPMS LR-308. The magazine is made of black Technapolymer. Last year, the company introduced its RollerMag that introduced the wheel to AR magazines.