In just over 13 years Vortex Optics has risen from a small sporting goods company in Wisconsin, to a well very respected optics manufacturer. This year at SHOT Show Vortex announced the addition of the Golden Eagle HD rifle scope with a 15-60x magnification. The Golden Eagle has been specifically designed to deliver accuracy and clarity for long distance shooting.
Specifically designed around the increasingly popular F-class shooting competitions, the Vortex Golden Eagle HD rifle scope provides long distance clarity and accuracy to compete at the highest levels. Competitors in F-Class shooting competitions are required to engage targets at various distances from 300 to 1200 yards, using rifle calibers up to .338 Lapua. At distances of over a half mile, the Vortex Golden Eagle HD is designed to excel.
Vortex Golden Eagle HD Specifications
- Magnification: 15-60x52mm
- Overall Length: 16.1 inches
- Weight: 29.7 ounces
- Tube Diameter: 30mm
- Objective Lens: 52mm
- Reticle Options: ECR-1 MOA or SCR-1 MOA
- Field of View (FOV): 6.3 feet (15x) to 1.7 feet (60x)
- Eye Relief: 3.9 inches
- Turret Style: Exposed markings
- Adjustment Graduation: 1/8 MOA (0.125) per click
- Travel Per Rotation: 10 MOA
- Maximum Elevation Adjustment: 55 MOA
- Maximum Windage Adjustment: 45 MOA
- Parallax Adjustment: 15 to infinity
- MSRP: $1,899.00.
Vortex Golden Eagle HD Optical Features
- APO System: Apochromatic objective lens system uses index-matched lenses to correct color across the entire visual spectrum.
- Optically Indexed Lenses: Optimize image sharpness and brightness from edge to edge.
- HD Lens Elements: Premium HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass giving High Definition images.
- XRPlus Fully Multi-Coated: Premium proprietary and multiple anti-reflective coatings provide the highest level of light transmission to maximize brightness.
- Plasma Tech: Cutting edge application process for unparalleled coating durability and performance.
- Second Focal Plane Reticle: Scale of reticle maintains the same ideally-sized appearance. Listed reticle sub-tensions are accurate at 40x magnification.
Vortex Golden Eagle HD Construction Features
- Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity
- Waterproof O-ring seals for reliable performance in all environments
- Fog-proof Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging
- ArmorTek scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt
- Extra-fine resolution turret adjustments (0.125 MOA) per click allow shooters to fine tune their shots
- ASR (Aperture Stop Ring) broadens depth of focus so shooters more easily observe down range mirage and other wind indicators while the target remains in focus
- Premium aluminum screw on eyepiece and objective lens covers included.
Vortex V.I.P. Warranty
All Vortex products come with the very impressive V.I.P. warranty. That stands for Very Important Promise, which is Vortex standing behind all of their products. In fact, they don’t care what happened or how, if your Vortex product stops working the will either repair it or replace it at no cost to you.