For 2016, Leupold & Stevens announced a new line of riflescopes called the VX-3i. There are 15 different models in the line and range in price from $519.99 – $1,169.99 with the majority being less than $700.
One of the features the company is emphasizing in these scopes is the Twilight Max Light Management System. According to the company, these optics deliver more useable light to the eye for a better, higher contrasting image. Through the use of lens coatings, the scopes maximize blue and red light transmission for an improved image during the twilight hours when many of the game animals are moving. In the company’s words, “you can see antler tines in dark shadows…” during times of fading light.
The company states that the scopes eliminate glare through the mechanical structure of the optic designs. Leupold uses a redesigned power selector to improve tactile response even when wearing gloves.
The following models and magnifications are available:
- 3.5-10×50 (with Custom Dial System)
- 3.5-10×40 (with Custom Dial System)
- 4.5-14×40 (with Custom Dial System)
- 4.5-14×50 (with side focus)
- 4.5-14×50 (with Custom Dial System)
- 4.5-14×50 ((with Custom Dial System and side focus)
- 4.5-14-14×40 (with side focus)
- 4.5-14×40 (with Custom Dial System and side focus)
- 6.5-20×50 ((with Custom Dial System and side focus)
These scopes come with a lifetime warranty, which may or may not be needed.