Wilson Combat announced a new AR-style pistol called the ARP Tactical Pistol. ARP stands for AR Pistol.
The new gun comes with a Shockwave Blade attached to the buffer tube. The Shockwave Blade is a forearm assistance device that is supposed to help with one-handed shooting of the 27″ long gun. It may look like a buttstock, but Wilson Combat is careful to note that it should be used for its intended purpose only.
The gun shown in the photograph above has a number of options that do not come on the base model. For example, back up sights, an optic and the Streamlight TLR are all optional. Wilson Combat can add some of these to the gun at purchase should you want them to do so. Of course, that costs extra.
Specs and features on the base model:
- 5.56 NATO
- forged upper and lower using 7075 aluminum
- carbine length gas system
- low profile gas block
- Wilson Combat TTU trigger set at 4 pounds
- NP3 coated bolt carried group
- Armor-Tuff finish
- 11.3″ ARP Tactical Match Grade barrel, threaded with Accu-Tac flash hider
- T.R.I.M. rail/handguard
- Bravo Company pistol grip
- Shockwave Blade pistol forearm support
- weight: 6 pounds, 3 ounces unloaded
- base price: $2,250