Though I didn’t get to shoot the fabled bullpup version of the FB MSBS 556, I did get to shoot the FB MSBS 556K at SHOT 2016 Range Day. Drawing largely from the Magpul Masada, the version of the FB MSBS 556 that I got to shoot was the conventional model, or K model. With an EoTech red dot, I was able to hit steel targets out to 200 yards with ease. My reloads were slightly faster then with a standard Ar-15, however, if I was using a Magpul B.A.D lever equipped Ar-15, my reloads would be identical in speed.
Key Observations about the FB MSBS 556 K
- Takes STANAG magazines.
- Ambidextrous control.
- Can be configured for left or right ejection.
- The model I shot had a 16″ barrel.
- The FB MSBS has a folding stock, with an adjustable comb and length of pull.
- The handguard appears to accept a pseudo M-LOK rail.
- The bolt close/bolt open feature is near the trigger guard and very accessible.
- Adjustable gas system
- Ambidextrous charging handles
- Polymer lower receiver. Aluminum upper receiver
Talking to the company representative, I inquired about the availability for the United States market. The representative told me that “they were still about a year out”. Farbryka Broni will be at booth 1907. I always liked the idea of the Magpul Masada. It is neat to see the design still in development and use. I look forward to the day when these are available in the United States.