The Remington 700 first started production in 1962 and quickly gained popularity. Today there are multiple bolt-action rifles within the line and it remains a favorite among many long gun fans. If you yourself have a Remington 700 you may be interested in the latest offering from Magpul: the Hunter 700 LA Stock.
The Hunter 700 LA Stock is, of course, made for Remington 700 Long Action rifles. The system is designed as a drop-in solution although Magpul does note it is made for right-handed receivers only. Another requirement is that ADL models, which have a blind floorplate, must have a current Remington factory hinged bottom.
The new stock is made with a reinforced polymer and has a Type III hard anodized, A380 cast aluminum bedding block. It was designed as an affordable yet well-made option that allows the user to adjust length of pull and comb height. As with all Magpul stocks it’s made with enhanced ergonomics and materials used are chosen for both durability and performance. It’s compatible with all factory Remington barrels. Available colors include black, flat dark earth, stealth gray, and olive drab green.
- Compatible with standard Remington 700 pattern long action rifles with stock Remington hinged floorplates*
- Easily upgradeable to removable AICS-spec long action magazines with the affordable Magpul Bolt Action Magazine Well LA
- Reinforced polymer shell with Type III hard anodized, machine finished, A380 cast aluminum V-bedding block
- Accepts ALL factory Remington barrels including aftermarket profiles up to a Medium Palma (0.920″ dia. 5.50″ forward of the breech)
- Tapered Beam design provides good rigidity through forend and will free-float compatible barrels
- 60 degree grip angle from bore axis
- Adjustable LOP from 13.0”-15.0” with included 0.50” Spacers
- Rubber recoil butt-pad included and optional OEM Butt-Pad Adapter available for use with aftermarket pads
- Optional High Cheek Riser Kit with 0.50″ and 0.75″ Risers to adjust cheek weld (Stock comes pre-fitted with 0.25″ Riser)
- Accepts factory and most aftermarket triggers
- M-LOK™ slots on forend sides and bottom for a wide variety of accessory and sling mounting options
- Three dimpled drill points to install optional standard swivel studs (#10-32 x 3/8” long dome stud)
- Push-button QD swivel compatibility in rear with optional Sling Mount Kits
- Left and Right rear 1-1/4” Footman’s Loops