The Brownells Dream Guns Project began back in 2011 with a goal of showcasing the myriad products available from the company for aftermarket upgrades and custom work. Since 2011 more than one hundred guns have been built as part of the project and now Brownells has asked Apex to participate.
According to Apex’s vice president, Scott Folk, “…Brownells asked us to participate in their Dream Guns Project by submitting a custom M&P fully equipped with Apex upgrades, we decided to take it a step further and turned to a trio of custom gun builders whose collaborations are some of the most recognized and coveted among custom firearms aficionados.”
Apex asked DP Custom Works’ Doug Presson, Blowndeadline Custom’s Mike Sigouin, and SSVI’s Damon Young to collaborate on the dream gun. According to the company, the reasoning behind their using a Smith and Wesson M&P as the starting point was that they have become the “go-to” company for M&P upgrades. Some of their newer parts were included in the dream gun: their Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Set and their Apex Grade Gunsmith Fit Barrel. They also used products from outside companies: a 21 Century Gunfighter Catalyst Extended Magazine Release and AmeriGlo ProGlo green tritium sights.
The Apex dream gun is far more than just aftermarket parts, though. The team also worked on the pistol themselves, machining the slide, adding a special Cerakote finish, and even thoroughly customizing the trigger guard. There’s more, of course, but we’ll get to that later. You see, this dream gun is going to be displayed at Brownells’ booth at SHOT Show 2016. I can promise you I’ll be stopping by to get a closer look at the newest addition to the Brownells Dream Guns Project.
The finished product is being called the Apex M&P Dream Gun and is estimated to have a value of $2700.
Apex M&P Dream Gun Features:
– Apex Grade M&P 5.00″ Gunsmith Fit Barrel
– Apex Red Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit (a Brownells Exclusive)
– Apex Reset Assist Mechanism
– Apex Failure Resistent Extractor
– Apex 10-8 Performance Polymer Base Pads
– Front Sight: Ameriglo ProGlo Green Tritium w/ Bright Orange Outline
– Rear Sight: 10-8 Performance U-Notch
– 21st Century Gunfighter Catalyst Extended Magazine Release
– Inforce APL 200 Lumen Pistol Light
– DP Custom Works Custom Machined Slide
– Blowndeadline Custom Titanium w/ Black Battleworn Cerakote Finish
– SSVI Basic Package Grip & Frame Texturing