Hatsan, known for their PCP Air Rifles (which we reviewed here), has announced the release of a break-action air rifle for the US market. Available in three calibers, the MOD87 Q. (Which the “Q” is for Quiet Energy – meaning integrated suppressor), the air rifle can propel pellets at 1000 fps (.177), 800 fps (.22), and 650 fps (.25).
The air rifle includes Hatsan’s “Quattro” two-stage trigger system and a convenient 3-9x scope designed to handle air rifle’s recoil. Ergonomics are also considred with an adjustable comb, checkered forearm and grip, and fiber optic (TRUGlow) iron sights.
The loaded rifle is available now priced at a reasonable (but expensive for air rifles) $249.99 retail. Photos are courtesy of AirgunDepot.com, which has the air rifles already priced at $199.
Full Press Release Below:
HatsanUSA Introduces Mod87
Last year HatsanUSA released its QuietEnergy airguns. Now, the company is pleased to announce that its proprietary system will be included in a break-barrel airgun for the first time on the new MOD87 Q. airgun.
This proprietary technology incorporates a fully shrouded barrel and integrated sound moderator to drastically reduce sound by 50 percent without diminishing any of the airgun’s muzzle velocity.
The MOD87 QuietEnergy is available in .177 caliber (1000fps), .22 caliber (800fps) and .25 caliber (650fps) and is designed to shoot high-quality lead pellets. While this design technique may diminish perceived muzzle velocity when compared to airguns that are rated using lightweight alloy aluminum pellets, the end result is an airgun that delivers greater accuracy and energy upon impact.
The MOD87 QuietEnergy is fitted with TRUGLO fiber optic front and rear sights, a grooved cylinder for 11mm scope mounts and an adjustable comb with an “EasyAdjust” knob integrated directly into the stock. And like all airguns from HatsanUSA, nearly every component of the MOD87 QuietEnergy is manufactured in-house by the Turkish manufacturer – including its precision rifled German steel barrel, fully adjustable 2-stage Quattro trigger and SAS Shock Absorber System, which significantly reduces vibrations.
The MSRP of the MOD87 QuietEnergy is $249.99 and includes an Optima 3-9×32 scope.
- Single shot break-barrel action
- QuietEnergy fully shrouded barrel and Integrated Sound Moderator – 50% quieter
- Available in .177cal (1000fps), .22cal (800fps), .25cal (650fps)
- Fully adjustable 2-stage Quattro Trigger System
- SAS™ Shock Absorber System
- Precision rifled steel barrel
- Manual and automatic cocking safety
- Anti bear-trap safety
- Elevation adjustable comb
- Rubber butt pad for recoil absorption
- Checkering on grip and forend for better control and feel
- Grooved cylinder for 11mm scope mounts and mounted scope stop
- Micro-adjustable rear sight for both windage and elevation with TRUGLO® fiber optics
- TRUGLO fiber optic front and rear sights with contrasting fiber colors
- Includes: Optima 3-9×32 scope