APEX, known for taking S&W’s original abysmal M&P trigger and tuning it to near perfection (in my opinion, their triggers are better than any Glock I shoot on a daily basis), has turned their attention to the small M&P Shield. The new flat-faced trigger is a stand-alone replacement for the stock Shield trigger (which is pretty good) and claims:
- Reduce pull by about 2 lbs.
- Reduces pre and over-travel.
- Smooths out the pull
- Maintain factory safety values
For a listed retail of $79.95 for the trigger and $164 for the Duty/Carry kit, the triggers are relatively expensive compared to the base handgun they would install in, but it’s hard to put a price on being able to shoot more accurately, especially in a defensive situation.
Full Press Release Below:
LOS OSOS, Calif. – Apex Tactical Specialties, the industry leader in aftermarket drop-in performance parts for firearms, announced the upcoming release of the new Apex Flat-Faced Action Enhancement Trigger for the popular Smith & Wesson M&P Shield pistol.
The new Shield Flat-Faced Action Enhancement Trigger replaces the factory hinged trigger with a anodized aluminum trigger body featuring a Flat-Faced profile and a center mounted pivoting safety. The trigger reduces pre-travel and over-travel by approximately 20%.
The new Shield Flat-Faced Action Enhancement Trigger is available as a stand alone replacement trigger, part #100-131, for $79.95, or as part of the popular M&P Shield Action Enhancement Trigger & Duty/Carry Kit package, part #100-132, for $164.95.
The new Shield Flat-Faced Action Enhancement Trigger will be available for purchase in late August. Dealers and distributors can pre-order the new trigger by contacting Apex at email@example.com or calling (805) 528-5250.
Features and Specifications:
– Black anodized aluminum trigger
– Direct drop-in replacement of factory hinged trigger
– Full kit reduces trigger pull by approximately 2 lbs.
– Smooth uptake and reset
– Reduces pre-travel and over-travel
– Reduced reset length
– Center mounted pivoting safety maintains factory safety values
– Apex Part #: 100-132 (Action Enhancement Trigger and Duty/Carry Kit)
– Apex Part #: 100-131 (Action Enhancement Trigger)
– MSRP: $164.95 for the Trigger and Duty/Carry Kit
– MSRP: $79.95 for the Action Enhancement Trigger
For more information on parts and services from Apex Tactical Specialties, visit www.ApexTactical.com, like Apex Tactical on Facebook or follow @ApexTactical on Twitter and Instagram. Instructional videos on the installation of Apex parts are available onApex’s YouTube channel.
– See more at: http://www.shootingwire.com/story/353797#sthash.iiHQt8hp.dpuf