Walther announced the company is now making the PPQ pistol in .45 ACP. These striker-fired guns have the M2 treatment with the reversible magazine release button.
The new caliber guns feature:
- 4.25″ barrel with polygonal rifling
- overall length of 7.4″
- 12 round magazine capacity
- Picatinny accessory rail for light and/or laser
- front and rear slide serrations
- ambidextrous controls (reversible magazine release)
“We are excited to bring a .45 Auto to the Walther line. This new caliber and product offering is a benchmark for Walther and the PPQ,” said Cyndi Flannigan, Walther Arms’ Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We have built it to the same exacting German standards that deliver the ultimate home defense and personal protection firearm.”
Walther expects that the new guns will be in the stores in the United States on October 1, 2015.