This past January I spent some time visiting the Blackhawk booth. One thing that caught my eye was the new Diversion line of gear. This line is made using what many would call old time military grade wax canvas. I requested one of the larger rucksacks which came a bit later.
The rucksack I ordered has the added benefit of a cushioned pouch for a laptop up to 15 inches in size. Even better there are two spaces for storing a gun of your choice. The back of the pack has a half oval zippered flap with internal padding to protect the gun being carried. You can carry just about any size gun you want. I carry a full size 1911 in this pouch. The zipper has a large ring attached making it easy to unzip reach in and draw the weapon in a fashion similar to drawing from a middle of the back holster.
The other location for storing a handgun is inside the top flap. Simply open the top zipper reach in and draw the pistol from a universal holster mounted to a velcro patch built into the pack.
The padded laptop pouch can be accessed by the side zipper or the top zipper. All of the zippers are waterproof.
There is a pouch in the front for storing small cameras, SD cards and other items. Just above that pocket is another pouch allowing easy opening by using two strong magnets rather than a zipper.
• Constructed of 10.10 ounce Army Duck Martexin Original Wax Canvas
• Quick-access pass-through waterproof zipper on lid
• Padded back with 3D mesh and a removable back stiffener
• Padded internal laptop compartment with access on top or a waterproof side zip
• Loop-lined handgun and accessory storage compartment with access through top or a hidden, zippered back panel
• Additional loop panels for accessory attachment
• Quickly open or secure the lid with new Fidlock Buckle technology
• Front pocket offers dual mesh pockets, key lanyard, phone and pen pockets
• Pocket under lid with magnetic closure for added small item storage
• Light-colored nylon-lined interior makes it easier to find and identify contents
• Two-inch webbing on side of bag for external pouch attachment
• Padded, adjustable shoulder straps
• 20”H x 12.2”W x 5.5”D – 1,526 cubic inches
Are you looking for the ultimate in style and security? BLACKHAWK!® has taken the award-winning Diversion® line of bags and packs to a new level with the Diversion Wax Canvas Rucksack. This top-loading ruck with drawstring and quick-access, pass-through waterproof zipper on the lid is constructed with 10.10-ounce Army Duck Martexin Original Wax Canvas to blend style with cutting-edge design features. Hidden, easy-access handgun and laptop compartments offer conservative lines to allow you to carry firearms and other sensitive items while protecting them from prying eyes.”
In summary this rucksack is a tough piece of gear. Over the months since I started using it there’s little to no sign of wear and all the hardware still functions perfectly. I’ve flown with it, used it on the range and generally not been careful with it at all. You can dump a bucket of water on it and it just rolls off. Yes I did just that.
The MSRP for this pack is $255.95. The street prices I’ve found run about $200.00.