Aero Precision has launched their second generation of AR lower receivers. Aero still starts from 7075 forgings, but has taken the time to add features many shooters would enjoy. Specifically, the magazine well has been flared, the selector switch is a new set of pictograms (and compatible with Battle Arms Development’s short-throw safety/selectors), and includes a tensioning set screw.
The new receivers are available in both standard and ambidextrous format. The ambi receivers include the PDQ bolt catch/release.
Our AR15 Gen 2 Stripped Lower Receiver is the perfect base for your custom AR15 build. Machined to mil-spec dimensions, our lowers work with standard AR15 components and ensure the highest quality with a correct component interface.
Gen 2 Improvements:
- Upper Tension Screw – Allows users to fine tune the fit of the upper and lower receiver through the use of a nylon tipped tensioning set screw inserted in the grip tang of the lower receiver. This provides a tight fit with any standard AR15 upper receiver.
- Increased Magwell Flare – Allows for easier insertion of magazines and provides a sleeker look.
- Platform: AR15
- Material: Machined from 7075-T6 forged aluminum
- Coating: Matte black hard-coat anodized Mil 8625 Type 3 Class 2
- Markings: “Cal Multi”
- Works with standard AR15 components and magazines
- Rear takedown pin detent hole is threaded for a 4-40 set screw
- Weight: 8.35oz
- Stripped AR15 Lower Receiver, Gen 2
- Nylon tipped tensioning set screw