IMI Defense showed the MTR-16 Modular Training Rifle at the recent IWA Outdoor Classics show held in Germany.
The MTR-16 is a training replica based on the M-16 rifle. It uses solid polymer blocks to form the barrel and receivers to both achieve M-16 details and prevent the chambering of any live ammunition. Various AR-15/M-16 furniture can be attached to the MTR-16 for an accurate reproduction of the gun the shooter is intended to use.
Various barrel lengths and polymer colors are available.
From IMI Defense:
The IMI Defense Modular Training Rifle is a highly detailed replica of the M16 platform. It is the first of its kind to allow almost complete modularity while staying 100% inert.
Made of changeable high impact metal reinforced solid polymer blocks that allow the user to configure to their specification and requirements, change barrel lengths, mount and operate their own furniture and accessories like they would on the real rifle and simulate magazine change.
Available in different colors for safety, simulation and easy identification.
Whether it’s for tactical training, technical drills, exhibition, engineering needs or any other purpose – the IMI Defense MTR16 is a firearm simulator that does it safe and does it smart!
• Safer than a toy – 100% completely inert – will not fire a round
• Made of high impact polymer compound
• Metal insert in Receiver block and barrels for weight simulation
and additional structural reinforcement
• Different changeable barrel lengths and profiles – Carbine, Mid-size, Rifle length,
• Simulation magazine included
• Available in different colors – Black, Red, Orange, Yellow, White
• Interfaces with all AR accessories – stocks, grips, sights,
handguards, magazines etc.
• Patent Pending.