Hatsan USA is offering new .30 and .35 caliber airguns for the American hunter. Called the “Carnivore”, the new airgun line will produce 75 (.30 cal) and 95 (.35 cal) foot pounds of energy, with 860 and 730 ft/s velocity, respectively:
HatsanUSA Goes Big in 2015 with .30 and .35 Caliber Carnivore AirgunFurther ensuring that airguns are not to be taken lightly, HatsanUSA has released its big bore Carnivore airgun line. Available in .30 (860fps) and .35 (730fps) calibers with muzzle velocities up to 860 fps, the Carnivore airguns are the perfect airgun for new hunting challenges with medium-sized game, honing shooting skills and more.
HatsanUSA’s Carnivore airguns feature HatsanUSA’s QuietEnergy technology. This proprietary technology utilizes a fully integrated shrouded barrel that tapers into a sound moderator to drastically reduce overall noise up to 50%.
These impressive PCP airguns are powered by a 300 bar air cylinder, capable of delivering up to 21 shots at optimal velocity at an effective range of 100 yards. And because they are fitted with HatsanUSA’s patented Anti-Knock system, shooters won’t have to worry about gas-wastage if the rifle is knocked or dropped.
.35 caliber 6-Shot Rotary Magazine
“The Carnivore Series offers a very exciting performance feature combination, said HatsanUSA President and CEO Blaine Manifold. “The combination of velocity, energy, and number of shots sets the HatsanUSA’s Carnivore’s apart from other big bore airguns that are available in the market.”
Like all airguns from HatsanUSA, nearly every component of the Carnivore airguns are manufactured in-house by the Turkish manufacturer – including its anodized aircraft aluminum alloy receiver, high-quality German steel barrel, and fully-adjustable two-stage Quattro Trigger.
The Carnivore is also fitted with an elevation-adjustable comb, three Picatinny rails, and a heavy-duty secure 11mm/22mm Weaver-style scope mount.
The MSRP for the both the .30 and .35 caliber Carnivore is $799.00.
Check out the Big Bore Carnivore at HatsanUSA’s 2015 SHOT Show booth (1425).Big Bore Carnivore
- Pre-Charged Pneumatic (PCP), side bolt-action, multi-shot air rifle
- QuietEnergy fully shrouded barrel and Integrated Sound Moderator (Approximately 50% Quieter)
- Precision rifled barrel for accuracy
- Available in .30 (860fps) and .35 (730fps) calibers
- Ambidextrous & ergonomic design synthetic stock with thumbhole
- Picatinny rail beneath the forearm for mounting accessories
- Soft rubber inlays on forearm for better control and feel
- Elevation adjustable comb
- Adjustable rubber butt pad for length-of-pull as well as elevation and fit angle
- Detachable 7-shot rotary magazine in .30 and 6-shot rotary magazine in .35 caliber.
- Detachable aluminum air cylinder tube (255cc). Spare cylinders are available
- Equipped with “Easy Read” pressure gauge
- Includes quick-fill nozzle & air cylinder discharging cap
- Heavy-duty secure 11mm / 22mm Weaver style scope mount
- Overall blued finish, black anodized receiver
- Manual / Auto Safety
- “Anti-double pellet feed” mechanism preventing more than one pellet loading into barrel
- Patented Anti-Knock System to prevent gas wastage when rifle is knocked or bounced
- Quattro Trigger: 2-stage full adjustable match trigger for trigger travel and trigger load
- Gold plated metal trigger & metal trigger guard
- Fitted sling swivels
- Includes: two magazines and sling
The Turkish-made airguns, with a six-shot rotating cylinder magazine, are supposed to retail for just under $800.
Airguns are not considered firearms according to US federal law, and also may be legal for hunting in certain circumstances where or when firearms are not.