The new item for 2015 at the Stag Arms booth was their Model 9T 9mm carbine. Stag Arms has created a solid reputation for quality AR-15 rifles, that meet almost every Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR) shooter’s needs. Stag Arms has been famous for offering left-handed versions for all of their rifle offerings, and the Model 9T is no different.
The Stag Model 9T includes these features:
- Overall length -32.5 inches collapsed, 35.75 inches extended
- Barrel – 16 inches, 4140 steel, chrome lined, heavy profile, manganese phosphate coated
- Twist rate – 1:9 button rifled
- Weight – 7.9 pounds
- Chamber – 9mm
- Action – Semi-Auto blowback
- Upper Receiver: Forged and mil-spec 7075 T6 aluminum with type 3 hard coat anodizing and a picatinny rail on top
- Lower Receiver Material: 7075 T6 aluminum with a type 3 hard coat anodizing
- Handguard – DiamondHead VRS-T 13.5 inch free floated
- Bolt carrier – 9mm with a manganese phosphate coating
- Front/Rear sights – Metal DiamondHead premium flip-up
- Buffer: standard 9mm buffer
- Trigger: 9mm single stage AR-15 trigger
- Features – A2 “birdcage” flash hider, A2 grip, Mil-Spec 6-position buttstock
- Capacity – 32 rounds
- Availability – Shipping in 2-3 weeks
- MSRP – $1275 Right Hand, $1295 Left Hand.
The Stag Model 9T has a magazine well specifically designed to take standard 9mm AR mags, instead of simply having an insert. The magazine well will not, however, accept UZI magazines due to a slight difference in the way those magazines are designed.
For those unfortunate shooters who live in more restricted areas Stag Arms does offer compliant versions of their rifles, with the option to pick which restrictions are needed for your location. This includes staked or permanent buttstocks, limited magazine capacities, and other needed features.
All Stag Arms rifles have a lifetime, transferable warranty.
AUTHOR’S DECLARATION: I own a Stag Arms Model 8 gas piston AR-15. I have found the rifle to be a quality firearm, and have no complaints to date. If asked, I would recommend a shooter consider a Stag Arms AR-15 for purchase. However, I also own and use several other manufacturer’s AR-15 rifles and recognize there are many AR-15’s on the market today that meet quality and accuracy demands.