American Built Arms Company (A*B Arms) is now manufacturing a rifle chassis for the Remington 700 short action called the Mod*X. The system weighs less than four pounds and carries a suggested retail price of $799.
The Mod*X is made of aluminum and uses a LUTH-AR buttstock and A*B Arms pistol grip. According to the company, any mil spec AR pistol grip and buttstock will fit this chassis.
The fore end has KeyMod attachment points on three sides. The top of the hand guard has a Picatinny rail. Black and flat dark earth colors will be available.
From American Built Arms:
American Built Arms Company Presents the MOD*X Modular Rifle System
Glen Rock, Pa. (January 2015) – American Built Arms Company, a veteran-owned, Type 07 U.S. manufacturer of firearms and firearms parts and accessories to the defense industry has launched the A*B Arms MOD*X Modular Rifle System for the Remington Model 700.
The MOD*X Modular Rifle System is designed and engineered for military, law enforcement and hunting enthusiasts. The A*B Arms MOD*X Modular Rifle System is a lightweight, ergonomic, drop-in platform for the Remington 700 Short Action. It serves as a modular foundation on which tactical accessories can be added according to the operator’s needs.
“We’ve been focused on designing a lightweight, ergonomic platform for the Remington 700 Series for over 10 months,” said Jason Combs, A*B Arms President and Founder. “We wanted to manufacture a rifle chassis that was much lighter than competitive chassis designs found in the industry today while maintaining our affordable, ergonomic design standard that has been found in all of A*B Arms products. We’ve accomplished those goals with the MOD*X.”
A*B Arms MOD*X Specifications:
• Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by a Veteran-Owned company
• Designed for Remington 700 Short Action – Right Hand
• Aluminum design, hard coat anodized to Mil-Spec Type III
• Easy to assemble, drop-in design
• 20 MOA built into Mil-Spec 1913 rail
• KeyMod Standard on three sides of the forearm for mounting equipment
• Conventional slots on two sides of the forearm for mounting equipment
• Lightweight, 13.5” free-floating modular forearm
• Will accommodate barrels as thick as the action
• Comes standard with a LUTH-AR MBA butt stock and A*B Arms SBR P*Grip
• Designed to accept any AR-15 rifle butt stock and pistol grip
• Uses MDT and AICS-style magazines in .308 and .223
• Available in Black and Dark Earth colors
• Weight: 3 lbs. 10 oz.
• MSRP: $799.00