This is an interesting take on a familiar theme, the Cyclops Sirius 500 hand held rechargeable LED spotlight.
A nice package that includes a red lens as well as AC and DC chargers – battery is a 6V 2.5Ah sealed lead acid battery.
The light provides a choice of useful light modes – 6 low power LEDs provide a nice near field flood. Tint from these LEDs is very cool and is useful within about a 10 foot perimeter. The 3 high power Cree LEDs provide long range light – rated out to around 400 feet.
Attaching the very simple red lens cover transforms the light to help preserve night vision.
Housing has a matte finish that is easy to grip – and the light is rated IPX4 water resistant and impact resistant to 1 meter drops.
Light is activated with a trigger – there is a locking switch on the right side (see the package photo.) The back of the light has the receptacle for the charger plug, a red charging LED indicator, and the mode switch for choosing flood or spot.
Specs from the GSM Outdoors web site:
- 500/45 Lumens
- (3) three Cree Hi-Power LED’s for long range, (6) six LED’s for
immediate area use
- Improved 20% brighter illumination
- Ergonomically designed rubberized grip with trigger pulse
- Dual recharge, AC/DC adapter or 12V DC car adapter (both
- Detachable red lens included
- Always ON lock switch
- Burn Time: 3 CREE Watt = 4+ hours, 6 LED = 40+ hours
- Powered by 6V 2.5Ah SLA battery (included)
List price for the package is $89.95, although you can find it all over the web for less than $60