Apex Tactical has released a forward-set flat-faced trigger to improve the performance of your M&P handgun. Depending on the chosen springs, the trigger can be set from 2-5 pounds. The trigger includes a passive carrot-style safety.
APEX claims that the flat face trigger brings the feel much closer to the 1911 than typical curved triggers. The trigger is available now from Apex Tactical. The trigger and sear set retails for $169.95
Designed to work in any Smith & Wesson M&P model pistol in a centerfire caliber, the Apex Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger Kit reduces trigger pre-travel and over-travel, while allowing the shooter to position their finger at an increased leverage point lower on the trigger face to take advantage of lower trigger pull weights.
Products included: 1 ea. (10 total pieces in the package)
- Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger
- Forward Set Sear
- Ultimate Striker Block Kit (Striker Block, Spring and Talon Tactical Tool)
- Forward Set Spring Kit (White Trigger Return Spring, Green Trigger Return Spring, Polymer Slave Pin, Sear Spring and RAM Spring)
What They Do:
Forward Set Trigger: Reduces Trigger Pre-Travel and Over Travel. Increases reach length to trigger face for shooters with longer fingers. Allows shooter to position finger lower on trigger face for increased leverage and therefore take advantage of lower trigger pull weights for USPSA Open and Limited Division competition.
Forward Set Sear: Shortens the stroke of the trigger pull by dropping the striker at a point farther forward than the factory sear.
Ultimate Striker Block Kit: Improved radius on the Striker Block Face produces a smoother trigger pull and eliminates most false reset issues.
Forward Set Spring Kit: The full spring kit produces a 4lb to 5lb trigger pull.
- Trigger pull weight between the 4lb and 5lb mark (dependent on trigger return spring installed)
- Smooth uptake and reset
- Reduces trigger pre travel and over travel
- Total trigger travel similar to most factory 1911 type pistols
- Center mounted pivoting safety maintains factory safety values
Applicable To What Guns:
- Works with all Smith and Wesson M&P Pistols in all center fire calibers and configurations. (excludes the Shield pistol)
- Requires the use of the sear housing block designed for the large size sear plunger and spring (current production as of June, 2011)