MagPul has released their new armorer’s tools, the BEV Block and and Armorer’s Wrench. As is typical of MagPul, they have taken common items and added functionality. The BEV block allows users to work on barrels, uppers, or lowers without separate jigs or vice blocks. The Armorer’s Tool adds a bottle opener (on top of both regular and free-float handguard tools).
On a personal note, I am not much a fan of mixing the intended beverages and working on guns, but love the marketing angle.
BEV Block: (MSRP: $49.95)
The BEV Block (Barrel Extension Vise) is an all-in-one, compact vise block tool for AR15/M4 assembly operations of barrel nuts, flash hiders, etc.
Mounts securely in a vise and provides support for both billet and forged upper receivers. Engages barrel extension with solid steel lugs and full length support shank to prevent flexing. Steel hardness is optimized for durability yet won’t damage barrel extensions, and Magpul Polymer is used for all other engagement surfaces to protect an aluminum receiver. O-ring post uses the bolt carrier for additional stability and included Pin keeps upper in proper position.
The BEV can also be turned over and used as a mag well vise block to support the lower receiver during maintenance, etc.
- Provides support for all AR15/M4 upper and lower receivers
- Solidly engages barrel extension with steel lugs
- Full-length steel support shank
- Body made from the same high-quality polymer as other Magpul products
- BEV™ Block – AR15/M4
- Weight: 11.2 oz
Amorer’s Tool: (MSRP: $79.95)
- American-made with US steel
- Heat-treated steel construction with manganese phosphate finish
- USGI barrel nut wrench
- Free-float tube barrel nut wrench
- 1/2″ torque wrench/breaker bar interface
- Armorer’s hammer
- Rifle-length/Entry-length receiver extension wrench
- USGI castle nut wrench, usable with aftermarket end plates such as the ASAP® and ASAP®-QD
- 3/4″ wrench for most flash hiders/muzzle brakes
- USGI torque spec references
- Bottle opener
- Armorer’s Wrench – AR15/M4
- Weight: 1.1 lb.
- Length, maximum: 11.7 in.
- Handle Thickness: 0.35 in.