Jonny Bravo Customs sent us these photos of his final project at gunsmithing school. I wish I had the skills to build a gun like this.
Jonny wrote …
My background is military. I spent 6 years in the Army as military police with a year in South Korea and 2 deployments in support of OIF and OEF from Ft. Hood, Texas.
I graduated from gunsmith school in May. This was my final project and started off as a Remington 700 SPS chambered in .308 with a 20″ barrel. I then received financial support from a family friend to build a custom crow gun. Other than truing the action, I did all the all the work you see. This was one of Remington’s phosphate finished “tactical” rifles.
* Action was sent off to North West Action Works for truing.
* Shilen barrel chambered in .243 Winchester
* Walnut stock with skeleton butt plate, grip cap, and inletted 1gram American flag
* PTG oberndorf bottom metal and recoil lug
* Inletted sling swivel studs, jeweled bolt, 90 degree forend tip
* Tru oil finish with 4 panel 22lpi checkering
* Pillar bedded and free floated
* Topped off with a Leupold VX-3 4.5x14x40mm package