Normally I shoot on steel. I’ve also created some cheap wooden stand bases with 2″x4″s. The problem with both of those systems is that they are heavy and awkward.
CTK Precision, a domestic manufacturer, has come up with a pretty interesting stand system. It is fully adjustable and can accommodate nearly any height and width of cardboard and paper targets. It needs no tools for setup and can be setup or broken down rapidly. They have also created a bottle holder that can hang off one of the uprights.
P3 Ultimate Target Stand Features:
- Innovative clamping plates apply pressure to the furring strips over a large area, providing a firm grip and hold on the furring strips (not provided).
- The 24″ angled legs provide a stable 4 point stance allowing the stand to be set up on uneven terrain.
- The legs can be pushed into the ground to stabilize the stand without the need for a set of stakes.
- The height of the main beam provides 3.5″ of clearance for uneven terrain, and is high enough to make use of sandbags as ballast if the ground is too hard to push the legs into.
- Width easily adjusts. With a minimum width of 5″, it can handle just about any paper or cardboard target, from standard copy paper and up. And, there is no need for a target backer.
- Sets up and breaks down in seconds. With large, easy to use knobs, there is no need for any tools. All you have to do is provide the furring strips.
- Robust construction. Made from 14 gauge tubing and 3/8″ rod, it is a durable unit and has an equally durable E-coat finish.
- Made in the USA.
- 2 Target Stand Support Legs
- 2 Target Stand Support Braces
- 4 Knobs
- 4 Large Paper Target Clips
- Wooden furring strips (available at most home improvement stores)
- Paper or cardboard targets
- Plastic bottles, if using Bottle Holder Add-On