I cannot imagine what John Moses Browning thought what accessories his ubiquitous design would spawn. But, I would imagine he would be patriotic and agree that Strike Industries 1911 Polymer Extreme Flat Pattern grips would be a worthy addition to the .45 handgun.
Compatible with most 1911 full-size handguns, the PX-11 grips are pre-cut for ambidextrous safeties.The grips are a dull matte black that “look more grey.” The grips are available directly from Strike Industries for $15.95.
Specifications (Based on the JIS K6911 standard)
– Thickness: 0.27″ (0.635cm)
– Density: 1.42
– Water Absorption: 0.3%
– Molded Shrinkage: 0.7%-1.25%
– Heat Resistance:(2hr/’C): 200’C
– Impact Strength: 3.0-3.5 Kgf-cm/cm2
– Flexible Strength: 9.5 Kgf/mm2
– Tensile Strength: 5.6 Kgf/mm2
– Compressive Strength: 22.0 Kgf/mm2
– Isolation Resistance: 1×5^(8-9)Ω (ohm)
– Breakdown Voltage: 11.0Kv/mm
NOTE:Cannot fit on STANDARD SCREWS/STANDARD BUSHINGS & SLIMLINE SCREWS/STANDARD BUSHINGS combinations
NOTE: SI PX™ Grips Fit 1911 Full Size (Government Size) Model