Leave it to a few Marines to figure out a solution to a problem. Now, the solution may not be what you were expecting, but it typically gets the job done. Said solutions are rarely aesthetically pleasing, but full of bravado and a bit of gusto.
Devil Dog Concepts has released their first product, the “Hard Charger” side charging handle for AR-style weapon systems. Unlike the GFG Side Charging Handle, the Hard Charger supports the charging handle with a rail mount and guide assembly.
The Hard Charger is made from 7075 Aluminum (Type 2, Class 3 hard anodized) and polycarbonate.. warranted for 5 years from the manufacturer. It is available through the Devil Dog Concepts website for $220 plus shipping. Lead time is currently at 4-6 weeks. The Hard Charger is currently only available for 5.56/.223 systems.
Features (Courtesy of Devil Dog Concepts):
- FIELD STRIPPABLE
- BECOME BI-LATERAL AND AMBIDEXTROUS EFFICIENT
- TWO WAYS TO CHARGE RIFLE SYSTEM
- RETURN TO TARGET FASTER AND STAY ON TARGET LONGER
- INTERCHANGEABLE FROM RIFLE TO RIFLE
- ELIMINATES OPERATOR ERRORS AND STRESS ON ROLL PIN
- ALLOWS FOR THE MOUNTING OF MOST OPTICS AND MOUNTS