Right at the end of the day, I made it over to DS Arms, makers of excellent FAL and RPD firearms. (Alex C. will have an upcoming factory tour and review soon!). Their sales rep, Mike, kept directing my attention to his axe. Thinking it was just one of the numerous “cheap” bladed weapons hocked at the show, I dismissed it.
Mike was persistent…
As he should have been. That is no ordinary axe. Pay close attention to cut-outs on the weapon. It is an AR-15 armorer’s tool.
The axe includes the following:
- Castle-nut tool with 3 points of contact.
- Barrel wrench
- Flash hider wrench
- Fixed stock receiver nut tool
- Flat-head screwdriver
- “Tactical” bottle opener (Mike required me to report it as “tactical.”)
- Weighted flat handle (for use as a hammer)
- Lanyard/paracord loop
- Slot for a 1/2″ torque wrench or driver.
Plus, it has a gnarly powder-coat finish. Weight is a manageable 3.2 lbs.
Preppers may buy it through DSA “soon”.