Knight’s Armament (KAC) is now making a second version of the company’s SR-15 IWS carbine. According to KAC, the Mod 2 has a number of new features including:
- a URX4 hand guard with Keymod accessory mounting points. KAC states the URX4 keeps the barrel cooler and reduces the gun’s overall weight when compared to other rail systems.
- a proprietary Mod 2 gas system that minimizes leakage and ensures more consistent operation in harsh conditions.
- a gas block secured with a locking ring instead of taper pins to increase barrel rigidity and eliminate the need to custom fit the gas block to the barrel.
The rifle is also designed to be ambidextrous, with magazine and bolt releases on both sides of the receiver.
- caliber: 5.56 NATO
- barrel: hammer forged, chrome lined
- barrel length: 16″ with a 1:7 twist
- gas system: mid length
- trigger: two-stage match
- stock: six-position SOPMOD buttstock
- sights: folding sights included, 200-600 meters
- unloaded weight: 6.6 pounds
Thanks to Henry for the tip.Related