It has taken a long time, and a lot of drama, but the DoubleTap pistol is finally shipping. The good news is that the pistol design has been updated and now features interchangeable barrels so you can easily swap between .45 ACP and 9mm. Pricing starts at $499 for the aluminum non-ported model.
The press release …
“The DoubleTap™ Tactical Pocket Pistol has undergone significant improvements since we moved the project to our new manufacturer; making the DoubleTap™ a more reliable, simpler and less-parts-to-go-wrong type of concealed carry,” Raymond B. Kohout, DoubleTap™ inventor stated. “We have production capacity to quickly fill all orders and many anxious customers to appease, but we are certain, beyond a doubt, that this newest version is of higher quality and extremely reliable.”
Significant improvements to the DoubleTap™ include:
- Interchangeable barrels (9mm and .45ACP) using a M16 style push pin that is now ambidextrous
- Enhanced pistol grip with new “FRAG” pattern inspired by the fragmentation grenade
- Improved, easier to use thumb-latch
- Patent pending trigger system simplified to only four major components and featuring dual hammers for extra reliability
- Double-action, sequentially fired mechanical trigger system has double-strike capability
- Ported barrels available for both the 9mm and .45 ACP to reduce recoil and muzzle flip
The DoubleTap™ Aluminum non-ported model has an MSRP of $499.00. The Aluminum ported model’s MSRP is $569.00. The MSRP for the DoubleTap™ Titanium non-ported model is $729.00 and the ported model is $799.00. Caliber conversion kits in the non-ported version have been lowered to $199.00 and the ported kits lowered to $269.00. DoubleTap™ Defense also sells a variety of accessories to complement the DoubleTap™ Tactical Pocket pistol.