DeSantis Gunleather introduced a new outside-the-waistband (OWB) belt slide holster called the E-GAT. The E-GAT is a leather holster designed for both strong-side carry and cross-draw carry.
The E-GAT is a straight draw holster, without any cant. It is also an open top, which means there is not a thumb strap. Other than friction, there is no other retention devices built into this scabbard.
The new holster will be available for a wide range of handguns:
- Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27
- S&W J-frame 36,37,60,317,331,337,360, 431PD 2 1/4″, M&P 360 2″
- S&W M&P 9/40, M&P compact 9/40, M&P Shield 9/40
- Taurus 85 2″
- SIG Sauer P229, P229R
- Ruger SR9/40, SR9/40C, LCR, LC9
- Kahr K9, K40, P9, P40, MK9, MK40, PM9, PM40
- 1911 – All Sizes 3.5″, 4″, 5″
The E-GAT is reasonably priced for a leather holster, carrying an MSRP of $31.99. According to DeSantis, the holster has a “plain black economy finished top grain leather,” suggesting that the leather and/or finishing work is not at the same standard normally seen with DeSantis’ work.Related