DRD Tactical’s Paratus-16 is making its Shot Show debut in the RSR Booth. The Paratus-16 was introduced in August of last year, and is one of the truly one of the more innovative rifles out there.
For the uninitiated, the Paratus-16 is a quick break down semi-automatic rifle chambered for the 7.62 x 51mm round. The rifle was developed for the Clandestine Break-Down Rifle request listed on an open announcement by Joint & Special Operations Program.
The Paratus-16 will break down to fit in a small hard case that is 16”x10”x6”, or if you prefer a Zero Halliburton Attaché case. It can be assembled and ready to fire in less than a minute, without requiring any special tools. This rifle will require further evaluation, but it is definitely and interesting concept.
Here are the particulars of the Paratus-16:
- Caliber: 7.62x51mm
- Weight: 9.2 lbs
- Barrel: Lothar-Walther 16” with 1 in 10 twist
- Magazine Capacity: 20 Rounds
- Buttstock/Grips: Magpul, Adjustable Folding Stock and Grips
- Safety Selector: AR15 type
- Trigger: Geissele 2-Stage
- Optic Mounting Rail: MIL-STD 1913
- Operation: Direct Gas Operated Semi-Automatic
- Finish: Nickel Boron
- Sights: Magpul MBUS