Later this year Remington will be selling the Model R-25, an AR-10 type rifle chambered in .243, 7mm-08 and .308.
Click to expand all images.
With the hunter in mind, the new R-25 modular repeating rifle boasts the most advanced design aspects of AR 308 Win. style rifles available today. For peak accuracy, the R-25 features a precision-crafted 20 inch barrel with recessed hunting crown that’s free-floated within a machined-aluminum fore-end tube for the ultimate in shot-to-shot consistency. Six longitudinal flutes forward of the gas block provide increased rigidity and weight reduction while promoting rapid barrel cooling.
– Free-floated button-rifled 0.680″ Muzzle OD ChroMoly barrels with recessed hunting crown
– Fluted barrel design (fluted ahead of gas block)
– Koelbl Single-Rail Gas Block
– Single-stage hunting trigger set to 4.5-5lbs
– Receiver-length Picatinny rail
– Ergonomic pistol grip
– Front and rear sling swivel studs
– Full Mossy Oak® Treestand™ coverage
– Includes 4-round magazine
– Compatible with aftermarket AR 308 Win. type magazines (AR-10 I assume)
– Comes with a lockable hard case
All three models have a 20″ barrel, 10″ rate of twist and weight 8.75 lbs and carry a MSRP of $1532.
According to John Snow @ Gun Shots Remington have already sold out this years quota!